Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Growing Up

In the past few months I have aged at a rapid pace. There are many MANY things I have learned, some of them by force, and most of them by choice. I am so ashamed at my behavior. I have always thought it was good nature and fun to be sarcastic and silly. What if the person on the other end of it didn't think so? What if my actions and "silliness" caused someone else pain? How selfish and rude of me. I have always had a sharp tongue. I have always lashed first before someone could hurt me. I used to think this was part of my "charm." Truth is there is nothing charming about making someone else feel less than amazing and cherished. I am humbled and mortified by my past silliness. I have learned quite a lesson. I love those around me. I WANT them to feel cherished and loved because they are. I apologize to those I have "stung" with my sharp tongue. I am striving to be better and I am thankful for the moments of clarity when I can learn and grow. What a blessing it is that we can constantly learn and become better people.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

You are a great person, Jenny K. I love you.

Stephanie Shumway said...

I am totally offended by your awesomeness. stop it. ;)

Shellee said...

Thank you. We are all guilty of this in some capacity or other. The best people to be around are the ones who realize that to have a good time and be silly doesn't have to come at the expense of another's feelings!

Laurie said...

I totally feel like I've grown up over the past few months!! Crappy life situations kind of does that to you, sometimes!