Saturday, August 11, 2012

Freedom

I have noticed that lately facebook has become a venting place. It has destroyed friendships, relationships and self worth. I refuse to let it take my life over and have deleted my account. I am gaining freedom by letting it out of my life. It has been a whole day ;) but I have noticed how much more productive I was today and I just felt happier! I feel a little cut off from the happenings of "friends" but really if people have something they want me to know they will call right? I just noticed that it was putting a strain on my relationship with Andrew. I started small with the goal of only being on the computer when the kids were asleep. It worked out well so now I have taken the final step. I am happy. I am free. And I choose my relationship with Andrew and my Heavenly Father over what drama is happening somewhere to someone....

5 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Good for you! It was the best thing I ever did. I feel like my life is filled with more goodness and less "stuff".

Laurie said...

Okay, okay. I get the point! ;)

I think I'm just going to take off all the people that I actually see in real life, and just keep the long-distance family and the friends that have moved far away. So that it really IS just a way to keep in touch with them.

Laurie said...

You'll be proud of me. I now only have 31 friends on there now. Family and a FEW select friends that really get me.

Cluff Family said...

Good for you Jenny K! I would say that facebook is dumb except then I would be a negative hater. :) People think I am so old school because I don't facebook, but there is a lot of drama out there and most of it is just plain yucky! My other dislike about facebook is that many people wade through the filthy language that is written trying to stay "connected" and very few people have the courage to stand up and say "why are you talking like that"? Wow, was that a vent or what? :)

Unknown said...

You're my hero! I've deleted it twice. But there are so many other things I love about it. I did weed out some of my so called friends and that helped. You have to do what's best for your family. I think FB has pros and cons, so everyone has to do what is best for them. Decide what works for you and not having it may continue to keep you happier. :-)