Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!

The past year has been full of some really fantastic times and some pretty terrible ones too. I am happy to see 2011 go. I am so ready to start anew and to get myself back! If a New Years Eve can predict how the coming year will be then I am pretty excited about this year. Last years New Years Eve was a disaster. This year was pure bliss. We stayed home with our kids. We had a BBQ with hamburgers and chips. Then we drank Chocolate milk and made Smore's in our back yard. We watched Cars 2 and played charades. Truly I have the most incredible family in the world. As I was sitting here pondering how this party with my kids could symbolize my life, I realized it really does! This is what this new year is about. My family. My family is everything. Yes, friends are fun. But nothing can ever take the place of my kids and Andrew. How blessed can one girl be? I thought about this year. It has been one of the most humbling years a person can go through. We have been through the ringer, so to say, and came out on the other side. Are things perfect? Sh yeah right. But they are looking better. I am so thankful for a do over. I am thankful for resolutions. I am going to put my resolution out there for the world to see (or the 2 people who read this). This year I have one resolution. Not a whole list. Just one. I want to be healthier this year. That means heart, body and Spirit. I am going to feel better about myself and I will DO IT! I am so excited about it. My plan is to give up one thing I love to eat a week. That way it isn't so overwhelming. I can't wait to see how well it works! Happy NEW YEAR! or Happy do over! :)

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Sounds like a good plan Jenny! I can't say our whole year has sucked, it was half last year and half this year. Things have totally turned around and I know it will for you guys too! Are things perfect, (your words) sh yeah right! But better! Came at a high price for sure, but in the end things have worked out. I KNOW it will for you too. Just do your part everyday and let the Lord do the rest.

Laurie said...

So I'm thinking we should all plan on going to Time Out for Women in the fall!!