On Sunday in Relief Society our lesson was on Crossroads. *disclaimer: this is my own opinion and not that of the lesson* When people face crossroads they are not always a huge choice. It isn't always IF you do this THAT will happen. Most crossroads are tiny little decisions we make every single day. The choice to not say prayers in the morning because you are too late. The choice you make to skip scriptures because you are too busy. THESE have no serious consequences immediately BUT over time can be truly detrimental to our Spiritual beings. How blessed are we to have the Atonement to help us along our way. How blessed are we to get reminders of the things we should be doing every single Sunday. How often do we think, I've heard this before. Of course we have! That is the wonderful thing about the Gospel. It is constant and the principles are always true and can always be relearned. Especially if it is from a different teacher with a different Spiritual Inspiration. I am so so so thankful for the chance I have to attend Relief Society and learn from such inspired women.
Summer
7 years ago
3 comments:
Thanks for the reminder. It is those repeatitive small choices that can lead us so far off track and make one wonder...how in the world did I get hear? It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by Elder Bednar
"Ordinary people who FAITHFULLY, DILIGENTLY and CONSISTENTLY do simple things that are RIGHT BEFORE GOD will bring forth EXTAORDINARY results."
It's nice to know that we have within us the ability to be extraordinary. Love ya'.
Too many brownies..sorry for the misspelled words and possibly confusing comment.
I hate it when I miss those lessons. Glad to have you mention them so I can still ponder on the thoughts...I like your take on it!
Post a Comment