Sunday, January 22, 2012

Apologies

Sometimes I think I take apologies for granted. I have been struggling with forgiveness lately. I think I finally figured out why. It is so easy for me to forgive people who come and say "I screwed up and I am sorry." In that scenario there is no problem. I will immediately forgive and probably forget. However, if someone doesn't admit that they screwed up then I have found it is hard to get over as easily. Sometimes you just need to hear the words I am sorry. On my road to self discovery I have become so much better at doing this. I have no problem admitting that I am human and do really dumb things on occasion. I just have an expectation that others should too. I realize that it shouldn't matter. I should and have for the most part but the words are really nice to hear...

3 comments:

Sarah S. said...

"sorry" is always nice to hear. It was nice seeing your face in RS. I felt your support.

Stephanie Shumway said...

wow, I have been thinking about this very thing for the last 24 hours. I almost reminded my husband yesterday that he still hadn't said sorry for something. It's like it can't be ok unless they admit they were a jerk. but really, I've forgiven him for the act, but not for not saying sorry. how weird is that? ok, fine, I'll use your post to better myself and let it go... see ? you're changing lives one blog post at a time :)

Anonymous said...

...justice always does have to come before mercy...so often we forget that part of forgiveness...needing to hear sorry is the justice part and certainly an expectation worth needing...granted we have to move past that, I know. But seriously, payment (not revenge) for pain is an ok request in my book.