My sweet little Kiley is tender in her heart. The new kid in her class was insensitive and said that he was lucky a kid died so he could get his spot in school. Kiley came home in tears. She was so upset by this. She couldn't get to sleep. Her teacher gave them all a postcard with several pictures of Ethan on it. I let her take it to her bedroom thinking she would put it next to her bed but no, she slept clutching onto it. I feel so bad for her. We have spent hours and hours talking about the fact that Ethan is in Heaven With Our Father In Heaven. He is happy and he feels no more pain. I try to get her to remember him happy and silly but she has such a hard time. Any suggestions???
Summer
7 years ago
2 comments:
Oh Jenny, what happened?
Stephen is really the only one in our family, that I remember, losing someone in Elementary school. I don't know what he did, but he still has the most heart felt emotions when ever we lose someone we know!
Kirtlyn was sad one time, and I told her we were sending her balloon to grandpa. Now she still thinks of him often, but always happy thoughts, and every balloon that goes up is for Grandpa. It has been a comfort to me!
That is so hard fOR kids. We recently had a friend whose child died and it was so hard for all the other kids that knew him. You're going to have to play it up that he's a missionary for Heavenly Father and that he's His big helper now. Let her mourn and be sad. Let her clutch his pic and talk about him. In time it won't be as hard, but it's that time thing that seems to take forever. You can even let her make a pic for his family, letting them know how much she misses him. They will appriciate that as well. It's seriously so hard for these kids to understand things that even us grown ups don't. It'll get better.
Post a Comment