I forget how music speaks to me. I was lucky enough to have gone to a little casual performance that my friend Jenny McKinney put on last night. Her music is clearly inspired and you couldn't help but feel the spirit in the room as she shared the stories behind each one. She truly has a gift. I loved all of her songs but there were a few that really spoke to my heart. I want to learn her music. I loved hearing them but I think being able to sing them would really be awesome. What a special gift to be able to put your feelings into music and heal in that capacity. I am in awe of her and feel blessed to have been there and to know her :) I was also amazed at her ability to speak to my Kiley. She has had a really hard time with the death of her friend and one of the songs Jenny sang last night was for her friend that she lost many years ago. Kiley just soaked it all in. After the concert was over she asked if she could go talk to Jenny about Ethan. When we got home she hugged me and told me that her heart felt peace finally. Thank you Jenny for helping my little family without even knowing it!
Summer
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment