I stopped taking my medication in January when I discovered it makes me feel and act like a different person. I was on them for depression so I was a little nervous about going cold turkey. When Andrew lost his job we also lost our insurance so it was time to stop them. I had a blessing and I knew it was going to be hard but it was a good decision. I must say, I am glad that I stopped but sometimes I think I am crazy. I have such a short fuse these days. I have no idea what triggers it or why but I can flip so fast. I am doing my best to try to figure it out. I have discovered that listening to church music can greatly affect my attitude. When I start to feel my anger being stirred up if I turn on a church CD I find that I can work my way out of it. I just hope I can get out of it all the way. I am just happy that I have figured that much out.
Summer
7 years ago
2 comments:
We are all a little crazy sometimes, Jenny K. I like you and I think you are wonderful so keep trying to figure out all of the things that you can do to be happy. You are on the right track.
You know what? The Lord is your biggest allie, so trust in him and that he knows your heart. There are so many different avenues these days to help with depression. Medicine isn't always the answer. I'm glad you found music to help. Keep looking for others things as well. Excercise is one, service in another, and I also think sharing your story and finding other women who can relate or just someone to talk to. We all have hard things in ours lives and it's figuring out how to deal with it and coping rather than letting it control your life and your feelings. You're doing good, so don't sell yourself short.
Post a Comment