Sunday, December 4, 2011

On This Day...12 Years Ago

On December 4, 1999 Andrew and I went on our first "real" date. Sounds weird but our whole dating time was spent doing homework in the library and watching videos at home. He told me he had heard about this great restraunt at the Hyatt Regency, Gainey Ranch. We got all dressed up fancy and went to the Sandalo restraunt. Before we left I had been pretty upset so we sidetracked to his mom's house to see his sister's group eating for Winter Formal. Then at the Sandalo we were seated and the waiters SING the menu to you. It is so funny. I can't remember much of the songs but I do remember him singing "primavera pasta will make you fat." sung to the tune of Prima Donna. It was pretty awesome. At dinner Andrew cleared the table and took both my hands and said he needed to ask me a serious question. I said "fine! You can borrow my car ;) It was so funny then he said "no! What kind of peanut butter do you like? Crunchy or Creamy?" We then talked about peanut butter for a while.

After dinner we went and rode the Gondola's. It was so fun and so romantic. We laughed when the gondolier asked if we were there for a special occasion because most people go to get engaged. I laughed and said nope. Just here on a date. (little did I know how annoyed Andrew was at the Gondolier for ruining his suprise) After the ride we went for a walk. At the time I had a thing with sitting on every bench we walked by so that we could say that that was a bench we had sat on. (It was just a phase.) When we finally got to where Andrew wanted to be, next to the water so we could here the Gondolier singing, it was too late and they were packing up the boats. LOL. My bad. Andrew sat next to me on "our bench" and asked me to be his Eternal Companion. When he handed me the ring the box was closed. I said "yes! A BOX!" (I really thought he was kidding! and I also thought the ring was fake.) I almost threw it in the lake. Yikes! Sometimes my craziness gets me into trouble. heehee. I said yes and the rest is history.

Here we are 12 years later with four amazing kids, a comfortable home, and all the Love in the world. How lucky am I???

2 comments:

Kasey said...

What a fun lil story!

AZMarianos said...

That us such an awesome story- you guys are so funny and so perfect for each other!! Congratulations!!