I have always felt a little weird about the "what did you get for Christmas?" interrogation. I was especially worried about it this year for my kids. We were blessed this year with some Secret Santas out there who blessed our lives in more ways than just gifts. When my kids got the interrogation of "what did you get?" Cole said, "because of some very kind and special people we were blessed with gifts. It doesn't matter what they are. The important thing is that we were LOVED!" How blessed am I first to have heard this conversation and second to have such incredible kids. It is true, some VERY kind and wonderful people blessed our family with gifts and clothing. But the lessons my kids and lets face it, I learned this year will always be treasured. We may not remember next year this toy or this pair of pants, but we will ALWAYS remember the kindness of others. We will ALWAYS remember the generosity. I am incredibly humbled this year. I am incredibly transformed this year and I could NOT be more grateful for that piece of growth.
Summer
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment