Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lessons of Christmas

I'm not gonna lie, I was a little discouraged that I wasn't going to be able to provide Christmas gifts for my kids. I did, however, know that it would still be incredibly special. I knew that my kids could handle it. They are incredible. That doesn't mean that they don't ever ask for anything. They are still kids afterall :) I love that they are willing to get creative about what to do and how to share our love with others. We talked about Christmas Caroling. We are still going to do that :) They have done special chores and they help without me asking. I find little cutout hearts all around. They think it is hilarious when I am confused about the heart in the middle of the floor until I realize that they cleaned up. I love that they have learned how to give without actual things.

However, there are some angels out there who are so kind and thoughtful. I wish I knew who to thank. I wish I knew who could be so kind. Then it hit me. I need to be thankful to my Savior. They are on HIS errand. What an amazing lesson for my children. I came home crying after a secret santa dropped off something and the kids were concerned. When I told them someone kind is helping us it was a great lesson on when we are in a place to help others we should. I know that in the future when times are better, I will NEVER pass an Angel tree and not take a name. I will NEVER pass a bell ringer and not give something.

These lessons are important! I am thankful for the opportunity my kids have to learn the importance of giving, the importance of sharing, the importance of LOVE for your fellow men. I feel very blessed. I am so thankful for the outpouring of love for our family. If it is YOU than you have my thanks and love. You are WONDERFUL!

0 comments: