Kiley got in the car yesterday and seemed upset. When I asked her why she was sad she handed me a letter. During school the class was told that one of their classmates had died. She was so sad! Of course she was! Death is hard for a child to really grasp. Later they came in and told him that they had been misinformed and that he was in critical condition. WHAT? Why would you not check your facts before you tell a bunch of 2nd graders?? She is so confused. Now she is freaking out that maybe people we thought were dead aren't and we buried them alive! I talked to her and tried to explain things to her. I am not happy that she has been so confused. I wish they had sent home a letter saying what had happend and then let ME tell her if he died or if he didn't. We had a big discussion on death and what it means. Wyatt looked at her and said "Don't freak out! He GETS to live with Heavenly Father again!" I love these sweet spirits who teach me every day what it means to make a real difference.
Olivia's almost 6 months old!
5 weeks ago
1 comments:
Wow!!! I can't believe they didn't let you handle it!
Post a Comment