Sunday, March 13, 2011

KiDs ThEsE dAyS

Yesterday was our neice's baptism and Andrew had to work. I took all four kids, all by myself, to the baptism. We had promises of reverence... I should have known. During the talks Kiley and Cole were fighting over who was going to "help" me with Chase. He was doing great on my lap btw. I was so annoyed. I didn't get mad until Cole reached over and pinched Kiley and then she hit him back. Really? Have we ever been to church? They know how to act. They knew when I looked at them that they were busted. I packed up all my stuff and took them to the foyer. Kiley was sassy so I sent her outside. Alone. How in the world does it happen that the two best behaved kids were the little ones?

Wyatt showed me though. During the confirmation I was chasing Chase who had discovered that the stand had a microphone, and Wyatt and Kiley were fighting over Wyatts train. During the prayer Wyatt yells "she took my train!!!" I was beyond mad at this point. I grabbed all four kids and shoved them in the Suburban. We were supposed to go to Andrew's sisters house for a luncheon after. I was NOT going to do that alone too so I took them home. They were crying and suprised that I would "ruin" their day. WHAT?

When we got home they became my slaves. They swept and mopped and cleaned the kitchen. Now this was not part of my punishment. They did this to themselves. I didn't ask them to do it. My punishment was simply missing the party. When I went to bed last night I found a note on my pillow and some silk flowers taped to the back of it. It said "Sorry 4 our bad behavyour Love, Cole, Kiley and Wyatt" How cute is that? I can't stay mad when they tried so hard to make up for it. It is incredible what a little effort to show you are really sorry will do. I am proud of my little cutie pies. They make me smile and want to scream and want to sit and snuggle. I am lucky to be their mom and watch them become incredible little people.

1 comments:

Stephanie Shumway said...

wow. I am seriously impressed. Ok, I said I'd call, but I drowned my phone in the river on Monday, so I'll just talk to you on email or gmail chat :)