Monday, March 21, 2011

Happiness

Happiness is a tricky little thing. Did you know that you can choose to be happy? I know it sounds simple but it is true! Who knew that I had so many choices to make. I am so happy to know that I have made the mistake of choosing to let other people affect my happiness. I am thankful for that period in my life though. It lets me know how great life really is. I am thankful for the chance to be a mom and a wife to an incredible man.

Why the change of heart? It is because I have faced my own mortality. I was driving on the freeway and had all four kids in the car. We had had a terrible day. All the kids had been fighting and I was frustrated to be by myself while Andrew was at work. An older lady was driving in front of us and slammed on her brakes! I looked over and she seriously had pulled out a map while going 70 mph on the freeway! I swerved out of the way and lucky for me I have three men that taught me all about what to do in that case. (They all were test drivers for GM) I felt the wheel slipping out of my control and I was able to set it right and get the Suburban under control. I was very blessed to not have any cars to my left where I swerved. I went over 3 lanes and the kids were so scared. Wyatt is the only one who got hurt. His head hit Chase's carseat and bruised his ear pretty bad.

I am thankful to be alive. I am thankful for second, and third and fourth chances. I am thankful that My Heavenly Father was looking out for me and my little family. All I could think was that Andrew was going to lose his entire family in an instant. It was so sad and scary. I am glad that I can learn from this experience how much I need to be here for my family and enjoy every second of it!

0 comments: