Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I've been Inspired

I am going to tell on my sister for a bit. Hopefully she won't mind or get embarassed...something tells me she won't ;) So my sister Shellee has been inspirational to me lately. This is one tough yet truly loving chick! She has a beautiful little miracle named Olivia who is gorgeous and has Spina Bifida. This past week Olivia had shunt failure and Shellee had to rush her into the hospital and have surgery to alleviate the pressure on her brain. I, would have fallen apart, Shellee grabs the bull by the horns and does what needs to be done. She is brave and always looks at the bright side. I have started calling her Pollyanna. I think it is fitting and hilarious.... She has this spiritual side to her that I don't know if it is new or if I was to dumb to notice before. She truly is amazing though. I am proud to call her my sister and I hope that IF I grow up I can be just like her. Thanks Shellee for being my inspiration :)

4 comments:

Stephanie Shumway said...

wow. ummmm.... wow. That is scary! I hope everything is ok now!

Bailey said...

Amen - I agree with everything you said. And you are amazing, too, Jenny!
It looks like I am logged in as "Bailey", but this is actually Tiffany speaking!

Shellee said...

Awww...shunks. It's always been there, you're not dumb, but it's not a side that I've had an opportunity to show.
I think that part of it is being able to hear and listen to the Holy Ghost. If you are still and give Him an opportunity to talk to you, you listen and then do; you'll be able to recognize His voice in a crowded room.
Love you!

Laurie said...

You DO have a pretty awesome sister!!!!!!