Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Sickies

Every year at this time we are cursed with the sickness that always seems to come this time of year. This week has been very hard. Andrew and I sang with the ward choir on Sunday. It was a French Carol and I had to sing the first verse in french as a solo. I have been battling a cough for weeks but I have been able to hold it off for a while. I just had to get through the Stake Choir Fireside. I was praying and praying that I could get through it. I can testify to you that the Lord hears our prayers. I sang the solo, finished the song and walked out and lost my voice. The solo wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be because I was fighting a cough but I got through it. WHEW!

In the middle of the night Sunday night Chase was crying and he was burning up! I put him in bed with me and we were able to get a few hours sleep. During the day he was lethargic but that evening he truly scared me. When I would put him on his feet he would just crumple down and cry. He wanted to be held constantly. That isn't MY Chase. He is independent and won't ever let me hold him. He could barely hold up his head. I was talking to my friend that I babysit for and she sent her husband over to come give Chase a blessing. After they left he was so whiny that I took him to an after hours clinic. He has croup and probably a cold or something. He looks terrible! His eyes sunk in and they have dark rings around them. He definitely is not feeling well. We are on day two and still going strong. :(  Wyatt has this terrible barking cough that after hours scared me into thinking it was whooping cough.  I took him in this morning and he has a double ear infection and LOTS of congestion. I feel like my house is a germ infested zone and all who enter will be infected.  I am not feeling great and am missing scouts tonight to take care of my family. With Andrew constantly at work I am on my own. Luckily I have some fantastic friends who help out and are so good to us. Where would we be without the gospel and our families? I am so thankful for them and all they do. 

Dear Germs,
Please leave my family alone.
Thanks, Jenny!

1 comments:

Shellee said...

Dear Jenny,
I am trying to leave you alone, but I just want SO much to be part of your wonderful little family.
Love,
The Germs