Tonight I sat and watched my kids play. I turned off the tv. I turned off the phone and just watched them. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Cole and Kiley were at the table teaching Wyatt how to play Killer UNO. When Wyatt won everyone cheered and were happy for his good fortune. I am so happy to have a glimpse into true family happiness and love. These kids love each other! They don't show it all of the time but they really do.
Then as we were getting ready to say our family prayers we asked Kiley to say it... She prayed for her brothers and her "wonderful parents" her words not mine. I listened to this amazing 9 year old girl pray for thanks for the birth of her Savior. She was thankful for the wonderful gift of having her family together and happy. She didn't pray for things. She didn't focus on what so many people focus on this time of year. She is truly thankful for the Spirit of the Season! I am thankful for this night. For being able to witness true joy in the family and a sweet and caring moment between the children. It is a wonderful feeling like I might not be screwing them up like I thought I was...
Then as we were getting ready to say our family prayers we asked Kiley to say it... She prayed for her brothers and her "wonderful parents" her words not mine. I listened to this amazing 9 year old girl pray for thanks for the birth of her Savior. She was thankful for the wonderful gift of having her family together and happy. She didn't pray for things. She didn't focus on what so many people focus on this time of year. She is truly thankful for the Spirit of the Season! I am thankful for this night. For being able to witness true joy in the family and a sweet and caring moment between the children. It is a wonderful feeling like I might not be screwing them up like I thought I was...
2 comments:
I love you. And your kids.
Your kids are awesome! Especially after my crazy kids today!
Post a Comment