Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas

Christmas time is here again and I find myself worrying again about how to provide an adequate Christmas for my family. I'm not talking about presents. We know there won't be much of that going on and that is ok. I am talking about the feeling of the season. I try my best to make sure my kids understand why we celebrate this season. It isn't Santa, it isn't presents, it is about love for our fellow men. And the love of our Savior for us. I am blessed with some very special spirits in my home who are unfortunately and fortunately wise beyond their years. They don't go crazy asking for things. They just want to make decorations and go caroling. They make me happy.

As times are tough I wish I could do more for them. I wish I could give them more. More time. More understanding. More of my heart. I find myself down. Our lives are in upheaval. We are doing the very best that we can but is it enough? Andrew amazes me. He is working nonstop. He never complains. He sacrifices his entire week for us. He only sees us on weekends and he is happy. He is my rock and my forever. I am thankful that he struggles with me and loves me and I am so incredibly thankful that we continually strive, together, to make our lives better. It has been hard. It has been rough but we are together and that is all that matters.

So... enough whining. I am starting fresh and going to do all I can to make this Holiday season as special as I possibly can. Going to concerts at the Temple, playing games as a family, and visiting friends and family. Onward and upward from here! Merry Christmas!
(This is Andrew and our kids and our friends Ethan and Noah at the temple. We had so much fun getting a start on this Christmas season.)

1 comments:

Laurie said...

I read on Pinterest of a family that did random acts of kindness every day in December. I'd really like to do that. I'm hoping it brings that elusive spirit of Christmas!