On this day 11 years ago my life was changed forever. I became a mom. This pregnancy was Perfect! I had zero complications and I was so so so excited to have my first baby. When we went to the hospital I was all set to go except my water wouldn't break (never has) so they put me on pitosin and we were on our way. My mom and dad went with us to the hospital and we were there for hours. Finally they told Andrew he should go home and take a shower and get his medicine. As soon as he got home Cole decided he was ready! We called Andrew and he rushed back. We only lived 4 miles from the hospital but it was rush hour. I was all set to push, Andrew was still coming and my mom was in the corner saying "don't push! The blanket isn't ready!" Hahaha she was tying him a baby blanket and wasn't quite finished. The doctor looked at us like we are all crazy! (we are) Finally Andrew showed up and the doctor wanted my dad to feel included so he told dad to count for my pushes. He started counting 1.................................2.............................3........................... I was laughing so hard at this point that Cole was not pushed out... he was laughed out. And so his story begins :)
Here are 11 wonderful things about Cole:
1. Cole has been a joy from the very start! He was such a smart baby! He was talking at 9 months and he was ready to conquer the world. At 18 months he could tell you all his shapes and colors. He truly amazed us all.
2. Cole has one of the most giving hearts. He always wants everyone to be happy. (He has his moments of crazy but hey, he is a kid)
3. Cole loves the gospel. He loves to go to church and loves loves loves scouts!
4. Cole loves being tall! He is almost as tall as I am. He is in a man's size 8 1/2 shoe and couldn't be more pleased about it.
5. Cole has the greatest dimples. I love to see his smile.
6. Cole loves to be a big brother. He loves to take care of Chase and "show him the ropes"
7. Cole loves that he is old enough to do a lot more things around the house. He loves to mow and edge the lawn. (he does NOT love pulling weeds)
8. Cole is so so helpful! He does a great job doing dishes and especially laundry. He loves to suprise me with doing these helpful chores.
9. Cole loves being in Orchestra. He has this amazing ability to play the violin. He loves it and I love that he found what he loves to do.
10. Cole LOVES sports! He loves to play basketball especially but loves kickball and football too. He has a great throw and plays baseball too.
11. Cole loves to be silly! What a strange thing. I love to be silly with him. We drive down the road singing at the top of our lungs in different accents and he thinks that is the most hilarious thing ever!
Cole has always been a special person. He amazes me everyday with his kind heart and willingness to help out. He would do anything for anyone. When his best friend moved from the State he HAD to go help the family move. He is so sad that he is gone but how thankful we are that he had such a great friend. Cole loves people and they love him. Where would I be without him. I am so thankful that he came to our family. HE is incredible and I am blessed because of him.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE!!!
Here are 11 wonderful things about Cole:
1. Cole has been a joy from the very start! He was such a smart baby! He was talking at 9 months and he was ready to conquer the world. At 18 months he could tell you all his shapes and colors. He truly amazed us all.
2. Cole has one of the most giving hearts. He always wants everyone to be happy. (He has his moments of crazy but hey, he is a kid)
3. Cole loves the gospel. He loves to go to church and loves loves loves scouts!
4. Cole loves being tall! He is almost as tall as I am. He is in a man's size 8 1/2 shoe and couldn't be more pleased about it.
5. Cole has the greatest dimples. I love to see his smile.
6. Cole loves to be a big brother. He loves to take care of Chase and "show him the ropes"
7. Cole loves that he is old enough to do a lot more things around the house. He loves to mow and edge the lawn. (he does NOT love pulling weeds)
8. Cole is so so helpful! He does a great job doing dishes and especially laundry. He loves to suprise me with doing these helpful chores.
9. Cole loves being in Orchestra. He has this amazing ability to play the violin. He loves it and I love that he found what he loves to do.
10. Cole LOVES sports! He loves to play basketball especially but loves kickball and football too. He has a great throw and plays baseball too.
11. Cole loves to be silly! What a strange thing. I love to be silly with him. We drive down the road singing at the top of our lungs in different accents and he thinks that is the most hilarious thing ever!
Cole has always been a special person. He amazes me everyday with his kind heart and willingness to help out. He would do anything for anyone. When his best friend moved from the State he HAD to go help the family move. He is so sad that he is gone but how thankful we are that he had such a great friend. Cole loves people and they love him. Where would I be without him. I am so thankful that he came to our family. HE is incredible and I am blessed because of him.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE!!!

2 comments:
Happy birthday, Cole!! I'm bummed we can't celebrate it with you today!
I hope he has a great birthday! He's a great kid.
Post a Comment