Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Teaching Moments

On Monday we had friends over for dinner. Andrew was talking to Wyatt and noticed that Wyatt's glasses were missing a lens. Wyatt didn't know when or where he lost it so we searched. I tried to bribe our friend'd children into helping find it but no one could find it. I was starting to panic because there is no way we can afford new glasses and he gets headaches without them. The next morning I completely cleaned the boys room, no lens. Then I completely cleaned Kiley's room, no lens. Then I cleaned the playroom, no lens. So we went into the backyard and had a hunt, not there either. That is when Wyatt said "WAIT! We need to pray!" How could I have forgotten? We knelt down and said our prayer. Wyatt asked for us to be able to find the lens. I stopped panicing because last year this same thing happened with Kiley's glasses and they were found. I dropped the kids off at school, came home and went through all the toys. No luck so I gave up. When I went to pick up the kids from school, Guess what!? A kid in Wyatt's class FOUND the lens, in the rocks, on the playground! They weren't even scratched! We immediately went home and had a Thanksgiving Prayer. Wyatt just looked at me and said "of course we found it. I prayed!" I love these kids and all that they can teach me. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie Shumway said...

awww. good kids. good crop. yay prayer. :)

Sarah S. said...

So cute.