Sunday, November 13, 2011

Birthday Boy

Happy 10th Birthday Cole Porter Knudsen! This is one incredible young man. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he said "I just want to go on a date with Mom." How did I get so lucky with this amazing boy? He makes me laugh, he makes me smile and he warms my heart. He got to go hiking with Dad for his birthday yesterday morning and then he went out with me last night. It was so fun. I love having alone time with him and getting to know him better. Here are Ten Great things about Cole...

1. Cole is the most helpful child I have ever met. He is always willing to help with the dishes, vaccuming, windows and bathrooms.

2. Cole is always making other kids happy.

3. Cole has grown up so much this last year. He is becoming so much more mature and handling issues "his way"

4. Cole has a desire to learn more about the Gospel and he LOVES to go to church and learn more.

5. Cole loves to be big. He takes great pride in the fact that he is almost as tall as I am now.

6. Cole is the sweetest boy. If you are down (which has been me for the past year) He does everything in his power to make you smile. He truly wants everyone to be happy.

7. Cole loves school. He is in the orchestra this year and loves every second of it.

8. Cole loves that he has two cousins on missions. Spencer is in Chile and Brandon in the Ukraine.

9. Cole has the greatest laugh ever!

10. Cole is my only first born and I love how much he has grown and how big his heart is!

I was telling him this morning about him as a baby. When he was being delivered I was doped up on an epidural and was literally laughing while pushing him out. We were telling jokes and having a great time. If all labors could be like that I could have tons of kids. BUT he was special. He could tell you all his shapes when he was 18 months old. It is strange to be the new kid in nursery and being able to say "hey that is a trapezoid!" I knew he was incredible from the beginning. He is a sensitive soul. This can be great and also a problem. He loves everyone and he always has. I was telling him about when he was little he would run around the island in Grandpa and Grandma Porter's kitchen and Grandpa would chase him. That was his FAVORITE game. He also loved playing Lamb and Lion. He loved playing the Lamb while Grandpa would eat him. He would laugh so hard. He has these incredible big eyes that tell you everything he is feeling. I love this sweet young man. Happy Birthday Cole!

2 comments:

Stephanie Shumway said...

YAY! Happy Birthday, Cole!

Tiffany said...

What a great tribute to a great boy!