I have been thinking a lot lately about friendship. I know big shocker since it is one of my main topics of blogging but I digress, I have become much more selective about who I will share my time with. I am in a time in my life where I NEED my friends to uplift me. I need friends who will listen to me while I whine but also be able to come to me for their venting as well. I need the give and take. I need to be able to help as much as I am helped. (Does that make sense?) My biggest obstacle is being that friend. I have always shared too much of my story. I share with anyone who will listen. Trouble is that sometimes that person then has the ability to use it against me or use it to humiliate or even hurt me. This is something I have been working on and trying to improve. There are few who really know what I am going through and how I feel. I am thankful for the few. I just hope to be like them :) What a blessing it is in our lives when the Lord puts people in your path just when you need them.
Summer
7 years ago
2 comments:
I agree! I've had SO many people put into my path over the last 6 months or so!! I totally understand the give and take thing, too. I feel like I have a hard time when my friends don't seem to need my help. I NEED to be helpful! I don't want to be someone's project. It has to go both ways.
You are awesome. 'nuf said.
Post a Comment