Sunday, October 16, 2011

Enough

Today was a great day at church. The spirit was so strong. I LOVED Sarah's lesson on Women are Icredible! I sat and watched as she showed the different ways of seeing how we deal with our days. I never thought about it in the eyes of our Savior. When I say "I am not worth it" or "this is too hard" am I really telling my Savior to not bother? REALLY!? I am worth it. It is tough. I am tough. I am enough. I will wholeheartedly accept the help from my Savior. I will do everything in my power to be worthy of His help. I have been thinking a lot lately about the way we as women speak about ourselves. Do we think "I am beautiful!" No, we say, "I am too fat, I don't look right in my clothes, I am totally ugly." This is in no way at all healthy or even acceptable! We become what we think we are. If you say "I am ugly" then, I believe, you begin to act ugly. I want to be beautiful inside and out but first I must take care of my inside :) I am so thankful that Sarah gave such a strong powerful lesson. It wasn't lost on me and I am going to really apply it to my life. I am thankful that I get to go listen to these inspired words that help me throughout the week. What an incredible blessing! Guess what? I am ENOUGH!

2 comments:

Stephanie Shumway said...

me too :)

Sarah S. said...

Thanks for your added insight Jenny. I'm sure glad that I was set apart for this calling to have the spirit help me teach these important topics and gospel principles that we need to learn. I think this should be a lesson that we repeat every month. ;) You are INCREDIBLE Jenny!!!