Sundays in my house are chaotic. I try to enjoy them and I just can't seem to. Here is what happened yesterday. I got up in time got showered and ready, got Kiley's hair done and got her dressed up for church. Andrew helped the boys put on their church clothes and got them some breakfast. Me and the kids were ready at 8:45 so we went without Andrew who had yet to get out of his pajamas. Surely he would be right behind us. We sat down and I had snacks and notebooks to write on. We were all set. Five minutes into Sacrament Meeting Chase starts yelling "A bite!" So I grab the goldfish and start feeding him. Then Cole asks to go to the bathroom. On his way out Wyatt runs to catch up with him. Then Chase decides that his snacks aren't good enough so he starts stealing all the kids snacks around us. SUPER! Then Kiley asks to go to the bathroom. Chase starts yelling and Wyatt is mad that Chase stole his seat. It was ONLY 9:25 and Andrew still wasn't there! I grabbed all our stuff and took the kids out. I was DONE with church! As we walked out the kids were crying because they wanted to stay and Andrew couldn't figure out what whas wrong. We took a drive around the neighborhood so that I could calm down. When we went back I put Chase in nursery and he was fine alone for like 15 minutes and then freaked out. SO....I got to spend the rest of the time in nursery. That being said Sunday is NOT my favorite day of the week...
Summer
7 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds like a few Sundays we have had too. We decided we go to children's church not real church. Kids certainly make structure hard! *smiles* Sorry it was a rough day...you can join me in the mother's nursing room to cool off...maybe they won't find you there either!!!
I can SO relate to this!! I'm usually yelling, screaming and yes sometimes cussing at my my kids on the way to church. Sometimes my motivation for going is to get 2 hours to myself (without them!!!)
Post a Comment