Monday, February 25, 2013

Love Is In the Air

13 years ago, today, I married my best friend. I have put our story on here many years in a row so I am not going to do that today. I am going to say that I think the past few years have been our very best ever. It is amazing how going through tough times can make or break you. We have been strengthened. We are a stronger couple than we have ever been. We have learned to communicate in ways that most people can't we are TRULY happy. We are in love more today than when we were married. I always thought that was impossible. I heard people say it but turns out it is really true! I am thankful for the hard times. They turned us into what we are now. I am thankful for the good times, they made the hard times bearable. I am so incredibly thankful for an amazing husband who puts our family and the gospel above all other things. I am so blessed and thankful that I can appreciate this about him.

This past weekend we got to take a weekend away, alone. No kids. It was so so so much fun! We haven't done that in so long. It was so nice to be able to remember what it is like just to be us. We were able to focus on each other and being like kids in the snow again. I am thankful for the time we had to relax and be together. No stressing about work or kids or schedules. I am so relaxed and ready for what comes next! 

Happy Anniversary Andrew!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm glad you had such a fun trip!!

Valerie said...

^like