Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sheltered

I have found that there are people out there who thrive on contention. They live for the drama of it. They feel like they have to be in the middle of everything pointing fingers everywhere but at themselves. I am not speaking of one individual person but as a collective whole as human beings. I am doing my absolute best to stay away from such people. I am trying to live my life with my sweet little family and shelter them as much as I possibly can from the negativity of the world outside of our home. I have been mocked for trying to shelter my kids and not teach them things about the world but I feel very strongly that that isn't something they need to learn in the safety of our home. In our house we will speak kindly, we will love each other UNCONDITIONALLY, we will respect each other and we will take responsibility for our OWN mistakes. I try so hard to show the kids that when you make a mistake it is your duty to take responsibility for it and take action to rectify the situation that was caused from the mistake. We have had some success with this and I will continue for, well, forever. This is a life long lesson. Not just this weeks project.

I was talking to a friend the other day and she was talking about gossip. She was concerned about people talking about her and I had an epiphany. The reality is most people talk about other people. It is sad but seems to be human nature. I KNOW that if someone is talking to me about someone else that they are talking about me to yet another person. It is pretty much a given. MY job is to live my life so that when they DO talk about me they have nothing but good things to say! I am doing my very best. My focus these days is on my family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I do my best to magnify my callings and I am seriously in love with my Cub Scout Den. The best group of 8 year old boys a girl could ask for. They are so much fun so they make the time and effort totally worth it. I am thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who is looking out for my little family. I am even thankful for the trials we are facing. We will be stronger and we will be ready. I am just thankful for the positive influences in my life who don't expect me to accept their drama as my own.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Right on. I don't see any reason to expose our kids to the crap in the world until they absolutely HAVE to deal with it. *I* want to be sheltered from it all, so I definitely want *them* sheltered from it!!

Tiffany said...

Amen! I agree with everything you said!

Cluff Family said...

I know I tell you this all of the time, but I LOVE YOU, JENNY K! You are one of my very favorite people in this whole world. Thanks for saving my life not just once but multiple times and for holding my hand and encouraging me before, during and after every single one of my daughter's weddings. You are the BEST!