Thursday, October 18, 2012

Discouraged

Sometimes I get discouraged. I am truly trying with all of my might to find the good in every day and to do my best to have a positive attitude as much as possible but there are those moments when I just feel like I am in a tailspin. These are the moments when I try to find something to do. To not sit around idly and hope for things to get better. The trouble is that is when I feel the laziest. I want to sit around and mope and it can get pretty consuming.

My little family has been through so much and we are stronger for it but it doesn't make it easier. I am tired of trying to find the blessing. I am tired of trying to figure out the lesson. What am I doing that makes me need to learn all of these hard knock lessons? I am ungrateful and I am whining. I know this but I just wish I could figure out how to change my attitude all of the time. I feel isolated and mostly alone. By getting rid of social media I have done that to myself and in truth that has made my life a lot simpler and easier. I am just discouraged with new challenges that pop up every day...

4 comments:

Allie said...

In my professional opinion, I suggest watching this Mormon Message: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nczw6xHJ0I

Then read this blog/book:
http://www.hyperionbooks.com/heavenisherepreview/

Eating Ice cream doesn't hurt either :) Let me know if you haven't read that book and if you are interested. I can bring it with me this weekend.

Love you ten tons friend!!

Jenny Knudsen said...

Allie I am positive you were inspired to show me that. THANK YOU!!!! I need to read that book now. :)

Laurie said...

Jenny, you're never alone. I'm only a text away!! Even better, God's only a prayer away. That being said, I DO know how you feel! Love you!! You're stronger than you give yourself credit for!

Cluff Family said...

I think the only reason Allie is coming to the wedding this weekend is to see you Jenny. :) It is o.k. to be frustrated, just don't ever give up trying your best. You are AWESOME. You will like Allie's book.