Monday, September 26, 2011

What a Weekend!

I had such a great weekend! I LOVED the General Relief Society Meeting! I loved going with my mom and my sister Shellee and our good friend Stephanie. I loved President Uchtdorf's talk about Forget Me Nots. I went to the meeting feeling so low! I had had a terrible weekend. Our Suburban needs to be fixed and it is going to cost over $1,000. So I was pretty down. Then right before we went Chase grabbed Wyatts glasses and broke them! I was so discouraged! I went to the meeting seeking solace and refuge from my troubles. It totally worked! I was praying that I would feel spiritually fed. I feel like the meeting was intended for me! It was incredible. I grabbed my mom's notebook and ripped out pages so that I could take notes. I just cannot wait for Conference now. I want to record a quote that really hit home for me from Sylvia Allred


"Charity is having patience for people who have let us down"


I truly felt the importance of this message. I have definately been let down by people I loved. BUT I have also let many others down. The one good thing is how strong I have become. A few months ago this quote would have made me feel terrible. Right now this makes me realize how wonderful the Gospel is! How blessed I am to have this feeling. I feel peace and more importantly LOVED! I still have my days but I am so happy to know these truths!

Another quote this one from Elder Uchtdorf that really hit me was

"No matter how dark the days may seem. He loves you with an infinate Love."

We are not forgotten. We are constantly being loved and rooted for. He wants all his children to return again. What an incredible feeling!

"The Love of the Savior is redemptive of your shortcomings!"

I will forever be thankful that I went to the meeting. I needed to record the feelings that I felt that night.

On Sunday we had our Primary Program and it was Incredible! I was crying all through Scripture Power which really suprised me. I have heard that song SO many times. It has never touched me like yesterday though. To see all these beautiful young children raising their scriptures as one. They LOVE the scriptures. They are the future. And they are so strong and so faithful! I am so lucky to have three of those primary kids as my own. I loved watching it. It was the first time in 16 years that I was able to watch it. I have always been a teacher. I loved being able to listen to the spirit there. I loved this weekend. I want to bottle it up and keep it forever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great meeting. I was way uplifted...too bad Monday showed up! *winks*
Love the new blog look!

Stephanie Shumway said...

I totally agree. I felt rejuvenated and recommitted to doing what I know is right and it couldn't have come at a better time :) i love you, Jenny- we need to make time for lunch. of the homemade variety in a picnicky setting. cause I don't have any cash with which to purchase a cooked-for-me meal :)