Thursday, January 27, 2011

Priorities

I know my posts have been somewhat cryptic lately but I have come to learn some valuable lessons. Today was an especially hard day for me. I have so many regrets and I am extremely angry at myself. I know how I want to live my life. Why do I feel like the adversary is trying to pull me down at all times. Just when I feel like I am making progress I get another shove. I was talking to a friend and she shared that when I feel this way I should give service. She is RIGHT! It doesn't even have to be something huge. Get out there and make someone smile. It will do wonders for your disposition! These are the things I am CHOOSING to make my priorities:

1. My Family: I will be there for them at all times no matter what is going on around me. MY children need me to be there for them! Andrew needs me to be the wife and mother that I have always been in the past!
2. The Church: I will be fully involved in all church activities! I will do my best to take full advantage of the blessing the Gospel is in my life.
3. Education: I am going to try to learn something new every day. I need to further my knowledge on anything I can to broaden my horizons.
4. Friendships: I am going to harbor good friendships with people who build me up and make me see the good in myself and others around me. I have been such a negative person lately and that has Changed! I am happy to be here. I am happy to love my family. I am happy to be happy!

The atonement is real. I am not done yet. Far from it. BUT I know it applies to me! I will take every opportunity I have to make things right. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have of the truthfulness of the Gospel.

6 comments:

Stephanie Shumway said...

I love you, Jenny Porter Knudsen :)

Rich Angie said...

Priorities are tricky! I'd like to see you put yourself on the top of that list too...you deserve to be happy!

Sarah S. said...

Hang in there with all you got!

Brad said...

We love you from Delta, Utah!

AZMarianos said...

Sounds like a great plan!! I think you are already amazing though!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have a question about your site, would you mind emailing me back @ kthomas@primroseschools.com?

Thanks,
Kathleen