Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Most Humbling Christmas EVER!

This Christmas was one of the best of our lives. Andrew lost his job a month before Christmas and I was sad that I wasn't going to be able to give my children what they wanted for Christmas. I was honest with the kids and told them that this Christmas was going to be slim this year. We tried really hard to focus on the Spirit of Christmas. We went to the Temple Lights and had many talks about our Savior.

We had some amazing friends who helped us with Christmas. They helped us get the kids a trampoline and for that we will be eternally grateful! It was definately a hit with the kids. They LOVE it! Also we had some secret santas. One of the wonderful ladies that I visit teach snuck into my house while we were out and left presents for everyone underneath our tree. When I walked into our house on Christmas Eve I just started bawling. What a special gift of love. I was so humbled by love for our little family. These special people showed that you can love others enough to share at such a hard time of the year. My parents helped us top it off and Christmas was a hit! I have never felt such love and friendship. I am eternally grateful to these wonderful people who do all they can for us and go the extra mile. I hope to be able to do this someday for someone else. It is hard to describe the feeling.

I am thankful for this life lesson and Christmas Miracle :). I am so thankful for my family that we are healthy for the most part and that we can love each other and do all we can. I am thankful for this experience and LOVE these special women in my life!

1 comments:

Stephanie Shumway said...

yay! we had the exact same experience this Christmas.... I can't wait until I can do that for others too. wont that be nice?