Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Career or No Career

We had quite a blow last week as Andrew went to work on Monday. UOP has had rumors of possible layoffs and they were told to ignore the gossip. Turns out that it was right and our family has been affected by it. Andrew was laid off on Monday. They didn't allow him to even pack up his things :( When he called me I thought he was kidding. Who lays people off a month before Christmas? I got my answer.

Through Facebook we were able to hear about a job doing telemarketing. Andrew can be quite the salesman so he went and interviewed with my friend's husband. He started working there on Monday. The job is not a career job but it is going to get us by for a little while. There is great potential with the company and we feel good about it. I however, have never been known for my patience so this will be a giant test for me :) I too am looking for a job and hope to find something soon.

During the Christmas season it is hard to put our troubles behind us and focus on the spirit of Christmas. Tonight I am grateful for friends who care enough about us to make sure we are ok. Whether it be through facebook, phone calls or brining us Ice Cream late at night and listening to us whine. I love you for your kindness and I especially love you for loving my family! You know who you are and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

I'm so glad he was able to find a job so quickly. There are more rumors too and Rocky is nervous! We'll see...

Stephanie Shumway said...

I love you guys! If you need anything let me know, lady :) I hope that Saturday helped you take your mind off it for at least a few hours! Let's do park sometime :)