Thursday, February 11, 2010

Emergency Room

So on Tuesday, Chase started getting really fussy. I realize that babies get fussy so I didn't think anything about it. As the day went on I noticed that he was getting a runny nose. I thought it might have been from fussing. So at about 6 o'clock that night we realized he had a fever. I called our afterhours and they said if he gets a fever over 100.5 degrees we needed to go to the ER. We took his temp and it was 100.7 so I called Grandpa Porter. Grandma and Grandpa came over to give Chase a blessing. It was a very powerful blessing and it made me feel better. We thought that maybe he had an ear infection so we left the kids with G & G and went to urgent care. When we were seen they sent us to the childrens hospital. :( boo! We got there at 9 o'clock and didn't see a doctor until 4 o'clock in the morning. We didn't want to sit in the waiting room full of germs so we sat in the lobby of the hospital and held our baby close trying to keep the germs away. At 5 o'clock they told us that Chase didn't have RSV...yet. We are on high alert watching him and praying he doesn't get it. He seems to be getting better so I think it will be okay. I just felt so bad for G & G Porter. They were up all night and so were we. I finally told them to go to sleep and we would call them with any news. The next day they slept and then they came and got Wyatt from us so that we could sleep. What a night. I am just glad that he is going to be okay.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad he's ok! That blessing had to be what helped so much!

Mrs.EBG said...

Wow! How scary! I'm so glad you were able to get him a blessing and get some comfort! Hope he's feeling better! Let me know if you need anything, friend!!

AZMarianos said...

It's always so scary when the little ones get sick. I'm so glad he's ok!

Bailey said...

Hipe he gets better soon! I can't wait to see him!

Brad said...

Sorry to hear but i'm sure will be okay