Ten years ago today I married my very best friend. Andrew is the first person I share my accomplishments with and my struggles. He gives me support in everything I do and everything I want to do. I love him more than I ever thought I could. He gave me four beautiful children and a loving home to raise them in. He is an amazing provider and the rock of our family.
Here is our story:
As children Andrew lived across the street from my Aunt Sallie। When I would go babysit her kids she would tell me about her cute neighborboy. I would just laugh and hide when he came around. My Aunt and Uncle really seemed to be impressed by him but I was not ready. Seriously I was 12. In high school my friends would set up these group dates. Andrew's group at Gilbert High would bring the boys and we had all the girls. I was informed that I was getting set up with a wrestler named Andrew. I stood him up at the last minute. I was just too scared to go. He went with my cousin instead. He would have had more fun with me ;) Needless to say... we didn't meet until much later. After his mission I was dating his friend and when my friend Val and I went to cook my boyfriend breakfast we met Andrew. I must say when we left I told Val that I was going to get to know Andrew better for sure. During the 9 months with my boyfriend Andrew and I became very good friends. We would go to breakfast and talk about the ups and downs of the relationships we were having with other people. After a few months we decided it was dumb to be seeing other people so we broke up with them and the next day we had our first date. It was amazing. We didn't really do anything special but it was right. We both knew it. I knew he was a player growing up so we dated other people at first and it was a lot of fun. BUT I knew we would be together forever. We dated for 2 1/2 months and then we got engaged. We were married 2 months later for time and Eternity in the Mesa, Arizona temple. I love this man with all of my heart and can't imagine my life without him. Love ya BABE!
Summer
7 years ago
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You guys are perfect together. Loved the story.
10 years pass by so very quickly. Congrats to both of you. He is so very very lucky to have you in his life.
And I'm sure (most days!) you feel very blessed to have him in yours.
You are a wonderful family. I can only pray for such a man in my life someday!
I remember when you and Uncl Andrew were over when you got engaged and we played in the snow! Wow, i don't know where that came from!
Love you!!!!
Bailey
Post a Comment