So, I spent almost the entire week at the hospital with my dad after he had another stroke. If you can find something good about having a stroke I found it. I was able to spend a lot of time with my dad. I was there every day for hours. I was able to spend quality uninterrupted time (that is because the kids were at school.) Dad is really funny and I don't think those nurses were ready for us. We kept teasing each other and them. It was really nice to see dad laugh even when he was so miserable. I was so scared for him and he kept saying he wasn't ready to leave his family. I kept thinking about Wyatt and wondering if it were dad's time if Wyatt would remember him. I wish I could say he would but I don't remember my Grandpa Porter and I was three when he died. Wyatt is only two. I am glad that everything is okay because I am not ready to lose him.
He is home now and I am happy to visit him there. I am so grateful to wonderful friends and family that were there for us and willing to help out. Through the church we have a huge family. I love that about the gospel. I love knowing that you can count on others and that they are happy to help you. Through all of this, I have learned to count my blessings.
Summer
7 years ago
4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad had another stroke. That must have been really scary for your family. I'm glad he's doing ok and that you were able to spend some time with him. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.
I am so sorry to hear this. I am glad he is home and is okay. He is blessed to have such a devoted daughter and you are very blessed to have such an excellent father. I'll bet those nurses didn't know what to do with him and his humor!
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. That is so sad that he had another stroke. At least you could find the good and be positive. Plus it's nice you got to spend some time with him. Good luck and I hope everything works out.
cherish the time you have. I'm glad he is okay!
Post a Comment