Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Kiley "Squeaks" Marie

Kiley is everything I am not. She is so confident and incredible. She loves to perform for people and she has absolutely NO fear! I wish I had some of that in me. She is always looking for a way to go and share her talents.

Last weekend we drove to Tucson. She and her Odyssey of the Mind team qualified for State Tournament. We went just the two of us and had a girls weekend. She was SO excited to go and have some alone time. We went swimming 3 separate times and went to dinner and hung out with her friends by the pool. That night just after we went to bed she got violently ill. She threw up the whole night and by the morning she was exhausted physically and mentally. We had to be at the tournament by 7:30 so we packed up and checked out of the hotel and got there just in time. She was a little weak but she did an amazing job on her play. I am so proud of her for being there for her team even when she was dying. We were at the tournament for 10 hours and finally we just had to go home. I was going on an hour and a half of sleep and had to drive back from Tucson. Kiley was asleep before we even hit the freeway. I was struggling to stay awake and just when it started to get scary my mom happened to call. I made her talk to me the whole rest of the way home so that I could stay awake. It was a blessing that she called at that moment.

I am so proud of Kiley and all that she has done this year in school. She is incredible and talented and I want to be just like her when I grow up!

1 comments:

Laurie said...

Kiley's awesome!! But I don't know what you're talking about. You're ALL kinds of confident!!