Last weekend I had so much fun! I went to Disneyland with 2 of my closest friends. It was Andi's 25 birthday (I am SOOOOO old!). We went away for the weekend to celebrate. I knew I was way older than all of them but I was so excited to go be just me again for a few days.
On Thursday we drove all day and when we got there checked into our hotel and went to the beach. Andi had 3 other friends with us too so it was 6 women all together and so fun! When we got to the beach Shannon noticed that everyone walking away from the beach was wearing sweaters and here we were in our swimming suits... Not our best idea. It was FREEZING! But so much fun. Andi and Shannon tried to run through the seagulls and tried to watch them scatter. Turns out that seagulls are not afraid of people. HAHAHA! I got into the water only up to my knees. Shannon got totally in and I thought she was going to have a heart attack. When we got back to the hotel we got into the hot tub and Shannon was able to breathe again.
Friday we went to Disneyland. It was so much fun! We rode almost everything there was to ride and hardly had to wait for anything. Apparently the middle of April is a good time to go. Most wait times were under 15 minutes. We ate lunch for Andi's birthday at the Blue Bayou and it was DELISH!! I am so glad I was able to go and spend this time with Laurie and Andi. We decided it would be fun to ride Splash Mountain and I was a bit uneasy. I ignored that because I have ridden Splash Mountain many times and it has never been a problem. As our log started going I realized why I was uneasy. I was about to have a "seizure" (turns out my "seizures" may actually be TIA's or mini strokes) I started to panic. I told Laurie and linked my arms underneath the handles up to my elbows. The worst of it hit as we went down the BIG drop. I thought I was going to fall out. I was pretty scared. The next thing I know is I was sitting on a planter box waking up. I don't remember getting there. I don't remember getting out of the boat. I don't remember walking out of the ride either. After a bit of a rest I was able to keep riding things and took it a little easier.
On Saturday we went to California Adventure! I had never really been there so it was new and totally exciting! I was too nervous about the day before to ride the Tower of Terror but California Soarin was so awesome! I even loved Screamin but only rode it once. My absolute favorite was the ride in Cars. We got fast passes at 10 in the morning and they weren't usable til 10:20 that night. It was worth the wait! I loved that we all were in one car and it was such a fun surprise. None of us knew that it was actually a roller coaster. The last thing we rode was Tow-Mater. It was so much fun! I was glad I tried it.
Sunday everyone was exhausted and we made our drive back to Arizona. It was a fun trip but I was definitely reminded how old I am. The other girls were so excited to do everything and they didn't seem to tire like I did. It was hard to keep up but it all worked out in the end. I am just glad I went! Thanks Andi for being born! :)
On Thursday we drove all day and when we got there checked into our hotel and went to the beach. Andi had 3 other friends with us too so it was 6 women all together and so fun! When we got to the beach Shannon noticed that everyone walking away from the beach was wearing sweaters and here we were in our swimming suits... Not our best idea. It was FREEZING! But so much fun. Andi and Shannon tried to run through the seagulls and tried to watch them scatter. Turns out that seagulls are not afraid of people. HAHAHA! I got into the water only up to my knees. Shannon got totally in and I thought she was going to have a heart attack. When we got back to the hotel we got into the hot tub and Shannon was able to breathe again.
Friday we went to Disneyland. It was so much fun! We rode almost everything there was to ride and hardly had to wait for anything. Apparently the middle of April is a good time to go. Most wait times were under 15 minutes. We ate lunch for Andi's birthday at the Blue Bayou and it was DELISH!! I am so glad I was able to go and spend this time with Laurie and Andi. We decided it would be fun to ride Splash Mountain and I was a bit uneasy. I ignored that because I have ridden Splash Mountain many times and it has never been a problem. As our log started going I realized why I was uneasy. I was about to have a "seizure" (turns out my "seizures" may actually be TIA's or mini strokes) I started to panic. I told Laurie and linked my arms underneath the handles up to my elbows. The worst of it hit as we went down the BIG drop. I thought I was going to fall out. I was pretty scared. The next thing I know is I was sitting on a planter box waking up. I don't remember getting there. I don't remember getting out of the boat. I don't remember walking out of the ride either. After a bit of a rest I was able to keep riding things and took it a little easier.
On Saturday we went to California Adventure! I had never really been there so it was new and totally exciting! I was too nervous about the day before to ride the Tower of Terror but California Soarin was so awesome! I even loved Screamin but only rode it once. My absolute favorite was the ride in Cars. We got fast passes at 10 in the morning and they weren't usable til 10:20 that night. It was worth the wait! I loved that we all were in one car and it was such a fun surprise. None of us knew that it was actually a roller coaster. The last thing we rode was Tow-Mater. It was so much fun! I was glad I tried it.
Sunday everyone was exhausted and we made our drive back to Arizona. It was a fun trip but I was definitely reminded how old I am. The other girls were so excited to do everything and they didn't seem to tire like I did. It was hard to keep up but it all worked out in the end. I am just glad I went! Thanks Andi for being born! :)
1 comments:
Yeah, I'm definitely not a spring chicken, anymore!! I'm glad we could be old together! Haha!!
Post a Comment