Monday, July 9, 2012

Reunion 2012

This past week was spent at the Porter Reunion in Greer, AZ. Last time we went Chase was just a little baby and he never even touched the ground. This time he was in HEAVEN! He loved everything about it. All of the kids did. They loved being able to play outside all day long. They loved being free to explore and to play with their cousins.

Cole loved being a big kid this time. Usually I keep pretty close tabs on these kiddo's. Cole has grown up a lot in the past year. He loved being able to go to the pond with other kids as long as there was two of them going. He just had to tell me first. He also loved being big enough to push everyone on the "big red swing" He loved every second of the reunion.

Kiley loved being there with all the girls! She also had her 9th birthday while we were there. She loved it! She loves being around a lot of people and loves to "perform." She loved having the little kids love her and want to play. She had tons of fun outside too.

Wyatt was happier than I have ever seen him. He would get tired toward the end of the day and just walk with a blank face. That is when I knew he was going to pass out. He loves being outside. He loves playing with cousins. He loves playing with Grandpa! He loved loved loved the "big red swing." When he and his cousin Hayden were riding on it Hayden decided he was done riding and when it was highest in the air flew off because he just let go. He hit the ground face first. Wyatt came flying off and landed on his feet to check on Hayden. Poor Hayden had mud all down his face but luckily not really hurt. Wyatt loved the swing.

Chase loved being able to run. He loves being outside. He felt so free. It was scary though because he loved hanging out behind the cars. It was a close call for Uncle Dave. He was right behind his car as he was about to pull out. I found him looking at his reflection in the bumpers. Silly boy.
He loved singing and dancing and playing with bubbles. He loves being outdoors!

We had some ups we had some downs. But mostly it was just fun to get out of the heat and enjoy ourselves. When Chase took his nap during the day I would just sit on the porch and enjoy the weather. When Andrew got back to the reunion after having to go home to work a few days we were able to sit and enjoy being together. I loved every second of being with him. He makes everything better. What a lucky girl I am to have married my best friend and love of my life. Life is good!

1 comments:

Laurie said...

This is how we feel about Enterprise. The kids just go outside and play and enjoy the weather; the adults get to just sit and enjoy everything without having all the worries of home.

I'm glad it was fun. Lots of crazy stories!! ;) And seriously? Chase used the bumper as a mirror?? I love that kid.