Recently I was talking to a friend who kept saying "why me?" How many of us sit and think "why me?" I have found myself saying the same thing on occasion and I am here to say Because I am strong enough for this lesson! I have clearly been through something. I clearly have good days and bad days. Who doesn't? I am going to take these circumstances and learn my lesson! That is what we are here for. To LEARN! Some of us (me) the hard way. I am thankful for the lessons I have learned. I wouldn't be the same person that I am today. Sometimes I am afraid of who I am becoming. Today I realized why... I am afraid of my strength. With strength comes great responsibility. I have a TRUE testimony. It is not borrowed or copied. It is MINE! I KNOW that God loves ME! I KNOW that God KNOWS me. I am so incredibly humbled to know this. HE is aware of me and my needs. He knows my strengths and my weaknesses. If I feel uneasy about a situation I must heed that feeling. I have learned SO much and I am so thankful for that knowledge. So...why me? Because I am strong! Because I can! Because I needed it!
Summer
7 years ago
4 comments:
I hear ya!!! And yeah, God doesn't give us situations that are too hard for us to handle! Strength is a scary thing!
Thanks for passing along your knowledge and strength. You are awesome! I really think that the "why me" can be a trap that some people can never break free of. There is always good when you look for it...and there's always bad when you look for it. It just becomes a question of what are you going to look for? I think a month is to long to VT. :)
I LOVE you Jenny K! You make me smile, you make me laugh and I am so glad that you are my friend.
Post a Comment