Monday, October 18, 2010

Climbing out of a Hole

Lately I have felt like I wanted to crawl in a hole. My life has been turned upside down. I feel like I am going insane and turns out, I am! I have a problem. I am sick and I need help. I have tried to deal with this all on my own. I finally saw a Dr. who gave me some meds to help and it seems to take the edge off. I have finally turned to Andrew and we have talked about everything that goes through my brain. It is nice to have someone who understands exactly what I am going through. It helps that I have some amazing friends who are willing to listen to me whine and moan on an almost daily basis. This seems to really help. I just wish I could be my normal happy self again. I miss her she was delightful :)

3 comments:

wendy said...

Trust me! A lot of us feel the same way you do! Some choose to keep it to themselves and let you think they are doing just fine, but they are liars!!
Glad you are feeling better!

Kasey said...

I'm so glad you taked to a doc and that your husband is willing to listen and understand you. Jen, just know it's totally okay to take meds and talk to anyone who'll listen. I know it's hard, but you'll get through this. WAy back when Rocky's mom was dealing with depression, but it was one of those unspoken issues and in the long run not having anyone to understand what she was dealing with hurt her even more. In this day and age there is so much research and help out there for those that are dealing with this. It's a very real thing and there's good help for you. I know it may seem bleak right now, but keep talking and seeing your doc and things will get better. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I promise. :)

Mrs.EBG said...

I love you, Jenny. Seriously, it takes courage to come out and say you need help or have a problem. I know it's not easy to deal with, but you do it with grace! I feel so blessed to have you as one of my besties and I'm so glad you're getting the help you need, lover girl!