Do you ever feel obsolete? I do. I feel like nothing I do is good enough. The things that I need are on the back burner and forgotten. I know as a mother that these things happen but it seems a bit too much right now. I forgot what it is like to be a person. To laugh and to enjoy myself. Yes, I find joy in motherhood. But who am I? I wish I could remember. And what if who I was isn't good enough? I guess I am lost.
Summer
7 years ago
3 comments:
who you are is a rockin' woman teaching her children what is RIGHT in this world, and right now is the time to do that. you will soon have time to yourself to see who you are, and will wonder why the house is so quiet. you are super-woman, my friend, and i admire you. cannot wait to see you tomorrow!
sorry for double comments from me but i just saw this on my sil's blog and wanted you to read it.
"Scrubbing and cleaning can wait 'til tomorrow For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
I hear you sista! I feel your pain, and I know just what you need.... to find your mo-jo ~~~ Let's all jump back in time (pre kid era) and tell ourselves all the things we love about ourselves, and to never forget. Kinda like freezing our mojo. Then we can pull it out at times like these & give ourselves an injection, or a reminder of why we are who we are. You are AWESOME!! I love you to death, and am so lucky to have a friend in you. You are still that silly girl from back in the day who loves to get down & boogie, and laugh when other people fall!!!! OR maybe that's just me? Anyway... hang in there. Eat ice cream, visit with friends, and you'll find your mojo. Love you!
Post a Comment