Monday, October 20, 2008

Wedding Bliss

Well, we had a whole weekend just to ourselves. My parents kept our kids while we flew to Utah for Andrew's little big brother Steve's wedding. It was so much fun to get to be together and not have to worry about the kids for a while. We flew into Salt Lake around 3:30 p.m. and then had to call my big brother Dan to find out how to get around Salt Lake. He got us to where we needed to be to meet our friends. First we met Brad and Tari York and their beautiful little girls. It was nice to be able to catch up and see them. Then we saw our other friends Steve and Robyn Peterson. We had a great dinner and fun conversation. It was a lot of fun. How to get them to move to Arizona.....

Steve's wedding was beautiful. He was so fun to watch all nervous and giddy. Amy was beautiful in her dress and they looked so happy. Someday I am really going to meet her. I didn't want to interrogate her on her wedding day so we will save that for Thanksgiving. They seem to be really happy. I am very excited for them both. After the wedding the Knudsens and our friend Chelsie all went to the movies and had a great time. I miss that girl. I am really glad we got to spend some time with her.

On Sunday Jen and Thomas invited us to go see the Tabernacle Choir sing for Music and the Spoken Word and then we went to the Museum. It was a really neat experience being in the Tabernacle and get to see them perform. What a treat! All in all it was a great weekend and I am very happy that we went. It was fun to reconnect with our brothers and sisters and especially Andrew and I. We acted like we were dating again and it was FUN! I am not so sure how much fun Grandma and Grandpa had but they said everyone was great. They did however, look extremely tired when we left :) Thank heavens for grandparents.

3 comments:

wendy said...

Sounds like a nice little trip you had. And yes how very nice to not have to worry about any kids for a couple days.

Bailey said...

sounds fun!!!!! I just put a new poll on my blog for my new room color. Check it out!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Chelsie Sanders said...

Ha Ha I had so much fun with you guys! I miss you guys too! I'm glad you made it back safe. Talk to you soon!