Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lesson RE Learned

I love learning things. I love that just when you think you know what you know, you learn something new. I know this probably doesn't make sense but it does to me :) I was sitting in Bishop Cluffs Sunday School lesson on Sunday. He seemed to be speaking directly to me and he didn't even know it. He said things that I NEEDED to hear. Things I thought I knew but this time they touched my heart. I have clearly been going through a rough time. I have had a tough time forgiving and moving on. But when Bishop Cluff said "have you ever been betrayed by someone you trusted? Hurt by someone you loved?" I thought yeah I have! I have had friends that turned out not to be real friends. People who have cut me to the core. I trust too willingly. I am a sucker. Then Bishop Cluff spoke of Peter who betrayed Christ. Christ willingly forgave him and loved him. WOW. I had not thought of it that way. I am thankful for this new insight.

Also, Bishop Cluff asked "have you ever felt truly alone?" Again I thought Yeah I have! Then he reminded me of Christ at the Garden of Gethsemane. HE was truly alone! Not only does Christ understand how I feel, He KNOWS how I feel. I am so glad that I was in this class. I have heard these things before but this time I FELT it! I am so thankful for this experience. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to go to Sunday School and learn these important principles.

3 comments:

Kasey said...

It's amazing how sometimes someone prepares a talk or a lesson just for you! It also reminds me that I'm prob not alone in feeling a certain way and other hearts have
been touched and softened as well.

Stephanie Shumway said...

Wow, Sunday was really great for me, too! I just felt a change in my heart. it was amazing-wonderful and I'm glad you had a great Sunday, too :)

Shellee said...

Isn't the feeling that goes with these revelations just the most amazing feeling? Forgiveness is something that everyone needs to work on... you are not alone in this. You'll never be alone, remember you also have family and I'm a pretty great listening ear.