Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kiley got baptized this last weekend and it was such a sweet experience for our family. We had family come from out of town and all the family in town came. It was such a special treat to have my brother Dave and his family here from Texas! We rarely get to see them so it was neat. My sister Julie came from Joseph City and brought four of her kids. We are so lucky to have such a supportive and loving family around us.

Kiley was absolutely beaming on Saturday. She loved having everyone there and she loved that she looked like a princess :) She seriously loves to be the center of attention. She asked if I could print out her picture so that we could all be "her biggest fans" and she could sign her autograph on them for us. Uh....NO. It was funny though. I love her spunky little spirit. She is so smart and she truly has an understanding of the gospel that you wouldn't expect of one so young. I love hearing her tell scripture stories and her "take" on what we are reading at any time. She inspires me. I am thankful to have this sweet girl in our family. She makes us all giggle and sometimes crazy. She has this infectious laugh that I love and I am lucky to be her mom.

After she went under the water she said thats it?! I laughed so hard. It is because Cole's baptism was so traumatic and it took forever. She was so ready for this step and got all the way under on her first try. She was so pleased with herself :) I love this kid! And I am so pleased with her decision to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

1 comments:

Sarah S. said...

What a special time for your family and for Kiley. She looked beautiful on Sunday. Avery was in awe watching the princess' go on the stand. It was funny to see her reaction to Kiley in her beautiful dress. It was neat to have Kiley as not only a beautiful example but a righteous example to Avery as well. :)