Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blind Leading the Blind

So...today I take Kiley and Wyatt in for a routine eye exam. This was my big mistake! Not really, Kiley now has ambliopia just like Cole and Andrew. How is this possible. She was perfect two years ago! She even has to have bifocals. Luckily she doesn't need the same kind of therapy for her eyes that Cole did. They are going to give her lens therapy. Wyatt is a whole different story and is also getting glasses. He is extremely far sighted. This is why he can hit a baseball and make a basket in a regular hoop but he can't feed himself cereal. His fine motor skills are lacking because he can't see what he is doing. I feel so bad for them. Am I horrible for not having noticed these things? What is even worse is I am totally depressed about having all my kids having to wear glasses, not to mention the expense. This better be pregnancy hormones or I will feel really bad. Kiley picked out a cute pair of pink glasses and Wyatt chose some green ones. I will post pics as soon as they are ready.

2 comments:

80 Porter Toes said...

I'm so sorry for the bad news, but they will be so cute in their glasses! Now.....just join them, you know you should!

Shellee said...

Are you kidding?!? Except for the cost, glasses are awesome!