Cole is 8 years old. Kiley is 7 years old. Wyatt will be four in three weeks. I as a parent have felt very guilty over the fact that my children seem to be afraid of water. Coles baptism was eventful to say the least because he was so afraid of the water.
HOWEVER, on Monday we went swimming with our good friends the Shumways and what do you know? Our kids decided the water wasn't so bad! By the end of the day Kiley could swim a couple of feet. Really as long as she could hold her breath. Cole made huge progress by bobbing all the way under the water and by the end was sitting on the floor of the pool completely submerged. WOW!
Today I took them swimming again and on the way to the pool I had a talk with Cole. I asked him to trust me and trust that I wouldn't let him drown. He told me he could trust me so he would do whatever I asked. By the end of todays swimming adventure, he can swim a few feet too! I am one proud mama! The best part is that he is proud of himself!
They can't wait to go again but alas too much of a good thing is too much for me :) Kiley is so burnt that she has blisters on her nose. I promise that I put sunscreen on her. It is crazy how burnt we all are so we are going to take a few days off.
I am so glad that we were able to get over our fears and go into the water. Cole has a real desire to swim well so we will start again after our family reunion in Greer.
Summer
7 years ago
3 comments:
That is awesome!!!! Good job Cole and Kiley!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!!
SO EXCITING!!!!! Congrats
I'm so proud of them! Wow! You are a great mom. Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment